Urban Sharing AS operates several different Services, among which:
- urbansharing.com website
- Urban Crew mobile and web application
This page is used to inform regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our Services.
Information Collection and Use
For a better experience while using our Services, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to your name, phone number, and postal address. The information that we collect will be used to contact or identify you.
We want to inform you that whenever you visit our Services, we collect information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser version, pages of our Services that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data that is commonly used as an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Our website uses these "cookies" to collect information and to improve our Services. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies, and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Services.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
To facilitate our Services;
To provide the Services on our behalf;
To perform Service-related services; or
To assist us in analyzing how our Services are used.
We want to inform users of our Services that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
Urban Crew Android application
This application collects the following personally identifiable information:
- User email - to authenticate and authorise access to a system
- User id provided by Firebase services - to authenticate and authorise access to a system
- User name (optional) - used to display in app UI for user convenience, also for identification by crew members of the same organisation.
- User avatar URL (optional, if provided as part of Google account information) - used to display in app UI for user convenience as avatar
- Device location (including when app is in background) - location is collected only when user has initiated a rebalancing session from app UI explicitly, and collection is stopped when session is ended either by user themselves (explicitly) or by supervisor (implicitly). Location data is a crucial piece of information that allows algorithms to provide relevant and accurate suggestions on which rebalancing tasks to perform by crew members. In the most cases, a location that is reported by device will be the one of a phone / tablet in a rebalancing vehicle, not a user specifically. This is a temporary solution until integration with GPS trackers on rebalancing vehicles is implemented. Once that is implemented - GPS data from rebalancing vehicle will supersede GPS data from user's device, thus location from user's device will not be used.
Urban Crew app third-party dependencies:
- Firebase Auth SDK - to authenticate users and use Firebase User ID for further authorisation to access some application content, such as to a team data within a city where a crew member operates.
- Firebase Crashlytics SDK - to collect information about crashes, that may include information about the device, such as OS version, vendor etc. This information may be used for debugging and app stability improvements.
- Bugfender SDK - for remote logging, debugging, and sharing user feedback. Among the data collected by SDK may be User ID, Device ID and general device information (OS version, device name etc.). This is used to improve app stability and user experience.